1382. In the coroner’s rolls there is mention of proceedings at Southall. Seven unknown men wounded John Bryant in the stomach with swords. Among those who signed the record were John atte Hull, Hugh of Greneford and William Cheseman. They were probably all freemen. John atte Hull may have lived at Hill House which stood near to where Mount Plesant Hospital now is.
1383. The manor was sub-let to Stephen Yedding by John Shoredyche for ten years at £22 a year.
1396. A presentment was made by a jury of the Elthorne and Spelthorne Hundreds that the bridge over the River Brent connecting the two hundreds was broken and the Prior of Ogbourne should get it repaired, since he owned the land by the river and it had been the responsibility of the priory to care for the bridge until then. Ogbourne, near Marlborough, had become the principal cell of the Benedictines in England since the order was introduced in 1150. The damage to the bridge was a serious matter , but obviously nothing was done about it because two years later another presentment was made, and this was followed by two more. In 1401 there was a fifth wich was presumably more effective for we hear nothing more of the bridge until 1530.
1407. John Shoredyche died and was succeeded by his son, another John.
1410. John died and the manor passed to his son, a third John.
1439. Archbishop Henry Chichele gave some money for the rebuilding of the chapel at Norwood.
1465. Richard Willy held the manor of Southall in right of his wife to whom it had at some time been been sub-let by John Shoredyche.
1473. Matilda, widow of Richard Willy, held the manor.
1481. John Peke, master of the Ironmonger’s Guild, was lord of the manor of Norwood. This is the first definite mention we have of this manor, and if there was a manor house attached to it – there need not have been one – we do not know where it was. In his paper11 on the church, Mr. Hilson suggests that the manor may have stood just to the north of the church.
1482. John Shoredyche died. He must have been quite old since his father died in 1410. The manor passed to his son Robert.
1484. Thomas Grafton succeeded John Peke at Norwood. There were two separate manorial courts at this time but at some time within the next ten years Robert Shoredyche who already held the manor of Southall at Dormans Wells gained posession of Norwood manor and also the manor of Hayes.
1496. Stephen Fryssheney successfully upheld a covenant made on his behalf by Robert and Margaret Shoredyche perhaps as security on a debt. The Shoredyches renounced their claim on the manor but apparently bought off Fryssheney by remortgaging their lease, for in the same year Robert Shoredyche sold the lease to Edward Cheseman. Shoredyche continued to live there, however.
1501. Thomas Shoredyche, son and heir of Robert, surrendered the manor to the use of Edward Cheseman.
1510. Robert Shoredyche (son of Thomas perhaps?) surrendered the manor, the house, a mill and some land to Robert Cheseman, but judging by Edward Cheseman’s will (1509) it would appear that the Chesemans were already living at Dormans Well and this was just the final clearing up of the conveyance. The Shoredyche family continued to live at their manor of Ickenham at least until the 19th century, thus maintaining a continuous ownership for over 450 years!